Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Weekly Menu, deals, and clearance finds!

     Okay, so I am posting my weekly menu today instead of tomorrow.  Tomorrow evening is "Meet The Teacher" night at my daughter's school (she's starting PreK on Monday!!) and I'm going to be too busy to grocery shop.  There were some pretty good deals at HEB this week!  So, I'm excited about that!
     As I've mentioned before, I budget $100 weekly for groceries and household items.  The total cost of groceries ,plus a few household items, this week was $111.**.  After coupons and a $10 gift card I paid $76.**!
     So, we strayed away from our menu plan last week so some of the meals that we had planned for last week will be used for this week.

Here is what's planned:

Breakfast:
  Cereal, eggs, pancakes, toast...
Lunch:
  Sandwiches, leftovers...
Dinner:
  -(Tonight) Baked Basil/Pesto Chicken w/veggies, mashed potatoes, and Texas Toast

  -Burgers
  -Spaghetti and meatballs
  -Homemade pizza
  -Chalupas
  -Pigs In a Blanket
  -Pizza bites
  -Shrimp Alfredo Pasta


    And some good deals I found at HEB are:
-Buy HEB fully cooked burgers ($11.97) and get free
  Kettle chips
  2lr Soda
  Pickles
  ice cream
  cheese slices
-Buy Parmesan cheese ($1.98?) and get free
  Meatballs
-.50c off Betty Crocker mashed potatoes ($1.25) making it .75c per box
-Buy HEB Galore cookies (I think they are 2/$4) and get free
  HEB teddy grahams cookies


     Plus, I went to Walmart to get my daughter her school supplies and I also scored some shoes for her and my 2yo son on clearance! I got my daughter some pink sparkly shoes for $3 and for my son I got him some shoes that looked like fire trucks ($3!) and some tennis shoes ($5!). He is in love with his fire truck shoes!

 

5 comments:

  1. Awesome job. If you can give me some suggestions about vegan foods. Recipes you may know. I'd really appreciate it. I am at high risk for a stroke. I also have high BP. I started using coupons also. I love your blog. I am so proud of you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nellie, I eat a vegan diet and was able to drastically change my health that way. Way to go on considering this diet change :) --- it can be a little difficult at first but it gets easier to adapt all recipes to vegan eventually! Good luck on your journey! I don't post recipes all the time but happen to do so every now and then. You're welcome to check out my blog anytime. Princessnorm.blogspot.com :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your advice. I will check out your blog. I would like to learn how to prepare tofu for dinner. I have stopped eating meat and dairy products. I am beginning to feel better each day. I would welcome any suggestions you might have. ;)

      Delete
  2. Great deals! I wish I could find cool deals like that for our vegan diet lol... Oh well ;) keeping it under $100 is awesome! Ours has been lingering at 120 or so pr week... Not too shabby for a big family hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norma, I wouldn't even know where to begin, on grocery shopping and recipes, if I were vegan! I used to not eat meat but that's easy to do! Veganism is a whole other world for me, lol!
    $120 budget is really good! Especially because you also have older (than mine) kids. If we (me) didn't eat so much junk I know I'd be able to keep my budget well under $!00 in a week.

    ReplyDelete