Thursday, August 14, 2014

Menu Plan Thursday!!

     I know a lot of people do "Menu Plan Monday" but mine will be on Thursday's because that is payday and I go grocery shopping on Thursday's. :-)
     So, I went grocery shopping earlier and I went waaaay over budget. I bought more snack-y stuff, than usual, for the hubby to take for his work lunches. Total was about $150. I budget $100 weekly. That budget includes groceries, household items, and eating out. I went over but some items I bought (like frozen chicken) we will use this week AND next week. So, next weeks groceries should be less.
     I also bought some makeup (for cheap!) and I found band-aids on clearance! I will be vlogging about that tonight which I will post a link to once its done!
    
     Ok, so here is this weeks menu:
 Breakfast- is usually fruit, cereal, or toast.
 Lunch- is usually peanut butter sandwiches with fruit.
 Snacks- fruit
 Dinner-
  Thursday: Pasta spirals with ground turkey and cheese (we ate this with corn tortillas)
  Friday: Homemade Pizza (pepperoni for the hubby and cheese and mushrooms for the kids and I)
  Saturday: Chicken Salad with homemade Cucumber dressing
  Sunday: Shrimp and feta salad with homemade Cucumber dressing
  Monday: Spaghetti with Texas Toast
  Tuesday: Baked Chicken Pesto with a side of green beans
  Wednesday: Tostadas (hard corn tortilla shells, refried beans, cheese, avocado, and tomatoes)

:-)

Link to first vlog (I hope it works):

http://youtu.be/hEeX4qwV_RU

No comments:

Post a Comment