Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tasty Tuesday!: Poor Man's Lasagna

I found this recipe on Pinterest from http://fabulesslyfrugal.com/poor-mans-lasagna-recipe/#_a5y_p=1531113

This meal was super delicious! Not only that but you get TWO meals out of this recipe! One for dinner and one to freeze for another night.
I adapted the recipe to our family's liking but you can click on the link ^ for the original recipe. Below, is how I made the recipe.

Ingredients:




• 8-12 oz penne pasta
• 2lb ground meat
• 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
• 2 c shredded cheese
• 16 oz cottage cheese
• 1 can of pasta sauce
Directions:
• Boil the pasta according to what the package says.
• While the pasta is boiling, brown the ground meat.
• Drain meat. Set aside. Drain pasta. Return the pasta to original pot. (my pot was too small so I had to use a larger bowl).
• While pasta I still warm add the cottage cheese and cream cheese. Gently stir together until well combined.
• Heat up pasta sauce with the ground meat until warm.
• Layer two 8x8 pans with pasta mixture, meat and pasta sauce mixture, and shredded cheese. Repeat.
• Bake one pan at 300 degrees for 20-30 min.

To Freeze:
• Instead of baking cover pan with a few layers of plastic wrap then with some foil. Freeze.

To Cook Frozen Meal:
• Thaw for 24 hours, unwrap, and bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes.












6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great freezer meal! I might have to make an adaptation of this for the vegans in my life! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do adapt it and make it vegan definitely let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy and I usually have these ingredients! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, repinning!
    Visiting from #BLOGMA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried cream cheese in a lasagna! This sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very good! I'm still drooling over it!

    ReplyDelete