Friday, January 24, 2014

Craft: Clothespin Airplanes

Inspired by this Pinterest image:

   I thought this craft would be the perfect craft to do on a cold, windy, rainy day like
today.
   Last night I went to the local Dollar
General and got my supplies.
   Unfortunately, there were no popsicle sticks. So, instead, I got some sticky foam sheets and clothespins for a total of $2!
 
Here's how to make them,
Supplies:
• Clothespins
• Sticky Foam Sheets
• Pen (to trace out the wings)
• Glue gun (I used this as a reinforcement so my 2yo wouldn't rip off the wings)
• Scissors (I couldn't find my scissors so I had to use, clean, kitchen scissors)



I drew, as best as I could, an airplane wing on the back of a foam sheet then traced the first wing to make the rest. I cut two "wings" per plane and stuck them back to back and glued them to the clothespin.





My 2yo didn't really have any interest in decorating the airplanes. He drew a few lines then just wanted to play with them.


 




   My 3yo, however, loves coloring and decorating things so she loved this craft and colored her planes in her favorite colors. Pink and purple.

 
Of course, I couldn't let the kids have all the fun!
So, I decorated a couple planes as well.
;-)


 
 
All in all the kiddos had a blast. It was such a simple craft that it held the attention of my 2yo without any meltdowns and, as I previously mentioned, this was the perfect craft for a day when staying indoors is a must.
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Keep checking back for more posts in the near future!
Have a great evening!
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment